In this Section
- Funding Opportunities
- Application Process
- Applications Requesting $500,000 or More in Direct Costs
- NIAAA Award Contacts
- NIAAA T32 Supplemental Information
- Special Emphasis Panels
- Supplemental Instructions for Preparing an Alcohol Research Center Grant Application
- NIAAA Board of Scientific Counselors
- NIAAA Scientific Review Group Rosters
- Appeals of Scientific Peer Review
- Schedule of Scientific Review Group Meetings
- Information on Post-Submission Materials for P50 & P60 ARC Grant Applications
- NIAAA Requirements for Electronic Submission of Administrative Supplement Applications
- Resources for Applicants
- NIAAA Statement on Research Priorities and Procedures
- Management & Reporting
NIAAA Conference Grants (R13/U13)
NIAAA supports conferences, symposia and workshops focusing on alcohol-research related topics. Conference grants using the R13/U13 mechanism must be submitted electronically in response to the active funding opportunity announcement (FOA).
Applicants must obtain from NIAAA permission to apply. First they must contact the NIAAA Conference Liaison Officer. In the cover letter, include the purpose and scientific rationale of the meeting, title of the conference, date and location, proposed budget, the audience being targeted and the number of attendees. Proposed budget must not be used for non-allowable expenses as stated in the FOA. It is highly recommended that the R13/U13 conference grants would support the travel needs of trainees, students and new investigators.
The request will be reviewed by Senior Staff at NIAAA. A letter of approval or denial will be sent to the Principal Investigator (PI). If approved, the PI must attach this letter to the e-submission letter in the application.
Standard due dates (including AIDS deadline) for R13/U13 Conference grants are applied.
NIAAA may only accept R13/U13 grant applications two Council Cycles before the scheduled conference.
For additional information, interested individuals are encouraged to contact their Program Officers or the NIAAA Conference Liaison Officer listed below.
Dr. Beata Buzas
Telephone: 301 443 0800