You are here
In this Section
- Funding Opportunities
- Application Process
- Applications Requesting $500,000 or More in Direct Costs
- NIAAA Award Contacts
- NIAAA T32 Supplemental Information
- Special Emphasis Panels
- NIAAA Board of Scientific Counselors
- NIAAA Scientific Review Group Rosters
- Appeals of Scientific Peer Review
- Schedule of Scientific Review Group Meetings
- Information on Post-Submission Materials for P50 & P60 ARC Grant Applications and other Multi-Component Applications (U10)
- NIAAA Requirements for Electronic Submission of Administrative Supplement Applications
- Resources for Applicants
- NIAAA Statement on Research Priorities and Procedures
- Management & Reporting
NIAAA Success Rate History and Awards of R01 and R21 Grants in FY 2012
FY 2002 – FY 2012
As the 2012 Fiscal Year (FY) ended, NIAAA analyzed the success rates and funding results of R01 and R21 applications by including all the reviewed grants applications for funding, and the funded grants. The final success rate of FY 2012 was 18.4% for All RPGs, 15.6% for R01, and 14.7% for R21 applications. The charts and table below summarize the funding rate and success rate for RPGs, R01s and R21s for all types of investigators.
Figure 1. History of RPG, R01 and R21 Success Rates from FY 2002 – FY 2012.
Figure 2. History of R01 Success Rates from FY 2002 – FY 2012. The number competing awards received in FY 2012 higher than in previous years with the decreased funding resulted a significantly lower success rate.
|Total Applications||Funded||Success Rates|
|R01 - All Investigators||449||70||15.6%|
|All Investigators by Type - Total|
|Early Stage Investigator||69||12||17.4%|
Table 1. Presents the success rate for R01 all investigators NIs and ESIs. The NIAAA is committed to ensure that the overall success rate for new investigators approximates that for established investigators.
Figure 3. R01 Success Rate History by Type, FY 2002 – FY 2012.
Figure 4. Number of Competing Awards by Activity, FY 2003 – FY 2012.