You are here
In this Section
- Office of the Scientific Director
- Office of the Clinical Director
- NIAAA Laboratories
- Section on Clinical Psychoneuroendocrinology and Neuropsychopharmacology (CPN)
- Laboratory of Behavioral & Genomic Neuroscience
- Laboratory of Clinical & Translational Studies
- Laboratory for Integrative Neuroscience
- LIN - Office of the Chief
- LIN - Section on Neuronal Structure
- LIN - Section of Synaptic Pharmacology (SP)
- Laboratory of Liver Diseases
- Laboratory of Membrane Biochemistry and Biophysics
- Laboratory of Metabolic Control
- Laboratory of Molecular Physiology
- Laboratory of Molecular Signaling
- Laboratory of Neurogenetics
- Laboratory for Neuroimaging
- Laboratory of Physiologic Studies
- Chemical Biology Research Branch (joint lab with NIDA)
- Office of Laboratory Animal Science (OLAS)
- Research and Training
- Clinical Trials at NIAAA/NIH
Office of the Chief
Office of the Chief, LCTS
National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
National Institutes of Health
Clinical Research Center
10 Center Drive, Room 10-CRC/1E-5334, MSC: 1108
Bethesda MD 20892-1108
Dena Stringer, BA
Dena Stringer is responsible for administrative support for all of LCTS, including travel, procurement (except lab-procurement), and personnel matters. Dena is also the Assistant to the North American Editor (Dr. Heilig) of Addiction Biology.
Cathy Little provides NIAAA Investigators administrative and regulatory support pertaining to the human subjects studies and the staff’s clinical credentialing.
Melanie Schwandt, PhD
Dr. Schwandt, a staff scientist, is the bioinformatics and biostatistics coordinator for LCTS. She received her PhD in physical anthropology with a focus on non-human primates studies from Arizona State University, during which time she also developed database management skills and a strong foundation in applied statistical analysis. In addition to providing biostatistical support to all sections of the laboratory, she maintains her research interests in environmental and genetic influences on development, behavior, stress reactivity, and alcohol consumption.
Information Technology Specialist
Juan Rivas provides hardware, security and networking computer support for the laboratory through a contract with Lockheed-Martin. He also processes accounts, maintains lab servers, and assists with IT purchases.
Denise Gates-Nee, MS
Denise Gates-Nee, as part of NIAAA's information technology staff, is one of the main programmers for the LCTS' clinical information system. Denise also maintains the laboratory's website, processes accounts, and does other computer support for LCTS as needed.
Karen Smith, MLS
Karen Smith, an information specialist with the NIH Library, is an onsite liason to the LCTS, providing specialized information services and training, including literature retrieval, research and manuscript support.
FIND ANNUAL REPORT PROJECTS USING NIDBResources
SAMPLE Search Instructions: Under"Option 1" click box beside each "Year" of interest, then click "Free TextSearch" - in BOX under "Enter some Keywords", type Heilig M