In this Section
- Office of the Scientific Director
- Office of the Clinical Director
- NIAAA Laboratories
- Laboratory of Behavioral & Genomic Neuroscience
- Laboratory of Cardiovascular Physiology and Tissue Injury
- Laboratory for Integrative Neuroscience
- LIN - Office of the Chief
- LIN - Section on Neuronal Structure
- LIN - Section of Synaptic Pharmacology (SP)
- Laboratory of Liver Diseases
- Laboratory of Metabolic Control
- Laboratory of Molecular Signaling
- Laboratory of Molecular Physiology
- Laboratory of Membrane Biochemistry and Biophysics
- Laboratory of Neurogenetics
- Laboratory for Neuroimaging
- Laboratory of Physiologic Studies
- Chemical Biology Research Branch (joint lab with NIDA)
- Clinical NeuroImaging Core
- Section on Clinical Genomics and Experimental Therapeutics (CGET)
- Section on Clinical Psychoneuroendocrinology and Neuropsychopharmacology (CPN)
- Section on Human Psychopharmacology (HP)
- Office of Laboratory Animal Science (OLAS)
- Research and Training
- Clinical Trials at NIAAA/NIH
Research and Training
NIAAA DICBR Fellow's Committee
In an effort to enrich training and mentoring of DICBR fellows, a Fellow's Committee was established within the Division in September 1999. The Committee's objective is to champion practices that will heighten the fellowship experience for all DICBR-sponsored trainees.
The NIH Fellows Committee consists of representatives from each institute working to enhance the intramural training program, foster communication among fellows and the NIH community, and serve as a liaison to administration programs affecting the training experience. Representatives are selected for one year appointments based on elections and the recommendation of the ICD Scientific Director.
The NIH Office of Intramural Training and Education (OITE) administers a variety of programs and initiatives to recruit and develop individuals who participate in research training activities at NIH facilities around the country. These activities range from internships at the pre-college level through postdoctoral and clinical fellowships. To facilitate the recruitment function, the OITE maintains the NIH Research & Training Opportunities website which chronicles the various research training programs as well as on-line application systems and handbooks for postdoctoral fellows and summer research programs.
The Fogarty International Center, the international component of the NIH, addresses global health challenges through innovative and collaborative research and training programs and supports and advances the NIH mission through international partnerships.
A site created by and for young scientists. The site provides career tips, job-hunting leads, funding info and practical advice from people with common interests.