NIAAA promotes and advances new research on fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD) by participating in the Interagency Coordinating Committee on Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (ICCFASD). ICCFASD coordinates the activities of all Federal agencies who seek to solve the challenges posed by FASD.
Created in 1996, ICCFASD seeks to improve communication and collaboration between agencies to address pressing issues related to FASD including:
- Developmental disability
- Social Services
- Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- Administration for Children and Families (ACF)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Indian Health Service (IHS)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
ICCFASD's Organization Chart is also available in graphical format.