To encourage careers in alcohol research, NIAAA has several training and employment opportunities for individuals:
- NIAAA's Research Training and Career Development home -- https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/research-training-and-career-development
- Search for NIAAA employment opportunities at the USAJOBS website.
- NIAAA funds Institutional Research Training Grants through the National Research Service Award program.
- For information on training and career awards, see the contacts list at NIAAA contacts list.
- Vacancy Announcement: NIAAA Scientific Director. NIAAA seeks a Scientific Director with a creative scientific vision, strong mentorship skills, and outstanding leadership skills to guide its intramural programs. The Scientific Director will lead the NIAAA intramural programs in collaboration with the NIAAA Clinical Director. Applications will be accepted beginning May 24, 2022, and will be reviewed beginning July 23, 2022; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Read the full NIAAA Scientific Director vacancy announcement and application details at https://hr.nih.gov/jobs/search/executive/job-58106. Questions about the position and the application process should be sent to Richard Doucette via email at NIAAASDRecruit@mail.nih.gov.
NIAAA and the NIH encourage applications from and nomination of qualified women, minorities and individuals with disabilities. HHS and NIH are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Updated May 2022