- The Basics: Defining How Much Alcohol is Too Much (Topic 1) 0.75 credit hour
- Risk Factors: Varied Vulnerability to Alcohol-Related Harm (Topic 2) 0.75 credit hour
- Neuroscience: The Brain in Addiction and Recovery (Topic 3) 0.75 credit hour
- Stigma: Overcoming a Pervasive Barrier to Optimal Care (Topic 4) 0.75 credit hour
- Medical Complications: Common Alcohol-Related Concerns (Topic 5) 1.0 credit hour
- Alcohol-Medication Interactions: Potentially Dangerous Mixes (Topic 6) 0.75 credit hour
- Mental Health Issues: Alcohol Use Disorder and Common Co-occurring Conditions (Topic 7) 0.75 credit hour
- Alcohol Use Disorder: From Risk to Diagnosis to Recovery (Topic 8) 0.75 credit hour
- Screen and Assess: Use Quick, Effective Methods (Topic 9) 0.75 credit hour
- Conduct a Brief Intervention: Build Motivation and a Plan for Change (Topic 10) 0.75 credit hour
- Recommend Evidence-Based Treatment: Know the Options (Topic 11) 0.75 credit hour
- Make Referrals: Connect Patients to Alcohol Treatment That Meets Their Needs (Topic 12) 0.75 credit hour
- Support Recovery: It’s a Marathon, Not a Sprint (Topic 13) 0.75 credit hour
"When you make progress with a patient with alcohol use disorder, you've really made a difference not only for the patient, but often for a whole family."
In support of improving patient care, CME/CE activities offered have been planned and implemented by the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and NIAAA. Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.