NIAAA extramural divisions support basic and clinical research across the country and around the world.
Division of Epidemiology and Prevention Research
Director: Dr. Ralph Hingson
Acting Director: Dr. Raye Z. Litten
The Division of Medications Development focuses on pharmacological treatment for alcohol use disorder (AUD) and supports clinical research programs.
Additional Information on NIAAA Extramural Programs, Offices and Initiative
- HIV/AIDS and Alcohol Research Program
- Institutional Research Training Programs
- Minority Health and Health Disparities (MHHD) and Diversity Training Resources
- NIAAA Major Initiatives
- Learn more about NIAAA Funding Opportunities.
- Search for NIAAA-funded extramural research projects in the NIH RePORTER database.
- Learn more about the Collaborative Research on Addiction at NIH (CRAN).