NIAAA seeks grant applications through a variety of requests for applications (RFAs), program announcements (PAs), and other funding opportunity announcements.
COVID-19 Funding Information
Types of Funding Opportunities
There are several types of funding opportunities, each designed to meet specific research needs.
- Research Grants (R series)
- Career Development Awards (K series)
- Research Training and Fellowships (T & F series)
- Program Project/Center Grants (P series)
NIAAA Funding Opportunity Announcements
- Requests for Applications (RFAs) issued by NIAAA
- Program Announcement (PAs) issued by NIAAA
- Parent Announcements for unsolicited or investigator-initiated applications
- NIAAA Small Business (SBIR/STTR) Funding Opportunities
- All funding opportunity announcements and notices with NIAAA participation
- NIAAA Conference Grants (R13/U13)
- NIAAA policy for Submission of Applications Containing Genome-Wide Association Studies (NOT-AA-17-002)
Clinical Trial Requirements for Grants and Contracts
See whether your trial meets the definition of a clinical trial and the specific requirements necessary if it does.
NIAAA Research Priorities
NIAAA Advisory Council Concept Clearance
Concepts that cleared through the NIAAA Advisory Council alert researchers to NIAAA interests and potential funding opportunities.
A complete list of NIAAA-funded extramural grants is available from the NIH RePORTER database. Going back to 1988, the database includes research summaries and other information about each grant.
Search NIH RePORTER
Visit the Application Process page to get the information about grant applications, the peer review process, and understanding how applications are selected for funding.